- Multistage Charging: Fully automatic multistage battery charger with the ability to charge 3 separate battery banks.
- Separate Battery Banks: Isolated charging design where battery bank one is separate from battery banks two and three.
- Programmable: Battery bank 1 can be programmed with a different charge algorithm over banks 2 and 3.
- Current Control: User adjustable current output (e.g. Dial the 60amp unit back to run off a 1kVA generator).
- Smart Charging: The ePOWER 40A battery charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery banks.
- Wide AC Input Range: Operates on both 110V / 60Hz and 240V / 50Hz.
- LED Display: Easy to use “set and select” menu along with scrolling charger status.
- Silent Mode: Disables the cooling fan for total silent operation at night or whenever required. Activation reduces charge output by half and locks out a fan for 12 hours.
- Temperature Sensor: Battery temperature sensor included with 3-meter cable.
- 5 Year Warranty from an Australian company renowned for customer support.
Multistage Charging Process
The Enerdrive ePOWER 40A Battery Charger is a fully automatic, “set and forgets” charger. It is designed to quickly and accurately recharge your batteries using algorithms that help maximize service life. Multistage smart charging technology enables the charger to be connected to your battery banks permanently.
|Output Current (Maximum)||20A||40A||60A||30A|
|OUTPUT VOLTAGE RANGE|
|Charge||14.2 – 15.5 V||28.4 – 31.0V|
|Float||13.4 – 13.8 V||26.8 – 27.6V|
|– Equalize||16.0 V||32.0V|
|Charging Control||Four stages (Bulk/Absorption/Float/Maintenance)|
|Two stages (Bulk/Absorption)|
|Constant Power Supply (Program setting)|
|Priority Battery Bank Charging|
|DC Output Bank||Three (1 fully independent, 2 common with diode isolation)|
|Selectable Battery Type||Gel, AGM, Flooded, Lithium, Program|
|Standby Current||< 2 mA|
|AC Input Voltage (Nominal)||90 to 265 VAC|
|AC Input Operating Range||207-265 Vac (2.0 A-Max)90-125 Vac (3.8 A-Max)||207-265 Vac (3.8 A-Max)90 – 125 Vac (7.7 A-Max)||207-265 Vac (5.9 A-Max)90-125 Vac (11.3 A-Max)||207-265 Vac (5.9 A-Max)90-125 Vac (11.3 A-Max)|
|AC Input Frequency Range||47 – 63 Hz|
|Power Consumption||350W (Full Load)||700W (Full Load)||1050W (Full Load)||1050W (Full Load)|
|Power Factor Correction||Yes|
|Charger Efficiency||> 82%|
|PROTECTION AND FEATURES|
|Reverse Polarity||Yes, (with user-replaceable fuse/s)|
|Over Charge||Yes, unit shutdown|
|Over Temperature||Yes, the unit was de-rated and shutdown|
|Output Short Circuit||Yes, (with user-replaceable fuse/s)|
|Cooling||Forced air ventilation (Thermo controlled fan)|
|Temperature Setting||Hot, Normal, Cold (no sensor connected)|
|Battery Temp Sensor Port||RJ12 (standard battery temp. sensor supplied)|
|LCD Display (with backlight)||Charging status, Battery Voltage, Output Current & Fault Codes.|
|AC INPUT AND DC OUTPUT CONNECTION|
|AC Input Connection||IEC with Supplied 1.2M Power Lead|
|DC Output Connection||Heavy Duty Terminal (3 banks) – Pan Heads 6mm Thread|
|DC Output Ground||Single Heavy Duty Common Ground Stud|
|ENVIRONMENTAL AND OPERATING TEMPERATURE|
|Storage Range||-40° to 70° C|
|Operating Range||-20° to 60° C|
|Humidity||5-95%, relative humidity non-condensing|
|Ingress Protection||IP32 (Basic drip-proof in vertical orientation)|
|Base Unit Weight and Dimensions|
|Dimension: (mm) L x W x H||295 x 206 x 86||295 x 206 x 86||356 x 206 x 99||356 x 206 x 99|
|Optional Accessories||Remote Digital Display / Enerdrive Part Number EN3REM|
|Regulatory Compliance||Complies with AS/NZS 60335.2.29 Including Australian deviations.|
5-year warranty - Enerdrive warrants that its Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship (subject to limits, and in normal conditions) for up to 5 years from the date of purchase.