The Plasmatronics PL40 is a solar charge controller, that handles 40 Amps of solar for 12, 24 or 48V batteries – with generator and load switching.
The PL40 is a great Australian Made, robust and very well respected solar charge controller. It handles 40 Amps of solar panels (480W @12V, 960W @24V, 1920W @48V), to charge batteries, with a 7 Amp separate load circuit. These are great for Australian small solar setups, or for those solar projects around the house, farm, or commercial premises. Lots of great extra functions: generator switching, load switching, remote devices and more.
- Adjustable: All settings are adjustable, and are stored in non volatile memory so you don't lose your custom set up if the unit needs to be disconnected from the battery.
- Display: User friendly LCD display. Each number has a label.
- Energy metering: Daily Load and Charge Ah plus State of Charge, all recorded for 30 days.
- Four Stage Regulation: Boost, Absorption, Float, and Equalization available as appropriate for the battery type.
- History: Records Charge and Load Ah, Max and Min battery voltages, SOC, and Float times for the last 30 days. You can tell how much energy was really collected and used. This history can be very useful when diagnosing a system problem.
- Generator Control: A sophisticated generator controller is included, with four different modes of control, and a quiet time option.
- Event Control: A powerful event controller/timer allows the Load and/or General Purpose terminal to turn on or off a wide range of loads (eg pumps, lights, motors etc.), under a user specified set of conditions.
- Alarm: There is an adjustable high or low battery voltage alarm output, which can drive an external alarm device.
- Second Battery: When the main battery is full, the PL can supply a signal to switch a relay, so that some or all of the array can charge a second battery. The second battery charging is also controlled.
- Remote control: The PLM remote display allows all functions to be accessed from up to 100 meters away. Fits in a standard light switch mounting plate.
- Data Comms: Communication with a computer is possible via the optional PLI interface. This allows fast downloading of all data and adjustment of settings. Can be used via a modem for remote sites etc.
- Protection: Protected against short circuits, reverse flow, and lightning. Low battery load disconnect function built in. Current limiting in the event of over temperature or over current. Full conformal coating protects against corrosion.
- External Shunts: Up to two external shunts can be added using optional DC isolated PLS2 shunt adaptors. Inverter and/or battery charger current and other external currents can be included in the Ah readings and SOC.
- 12 Month Warranty, with partial warranty up to 5 years.
- 12V-48V PWM Regulator
- 40 Amp Solar Charge Controller (Regulator)
- Up to 40 Amps Solar Panel current Input
- Maximum solar Voc for a 12V system: 70V
- Maximum solar Voc for a 24V system: 80V
- Maximum solar Voc for a 48V system: 100V
- Up to 7 Amp Load
LCD Display 30 Day History
- Durable, low maintenance
12, 24, 32, 36, 48V Systems
- Optional PLI Interface for remote computer software
- Can control generators, night lights, back-up battery charging.